Protecting Your Home from Harsh Australian Climate
Despite the warm climate, Australian weather conditions can actually be quite harsh on your home. Here are some tips to help you protect your home from the biggest risk factors for Australian homes: storms, bushfires, and the sun.
There may be problems with your home that you don’t even notice or pay attention to but could cause major issues in the event of a storm. As a result, it is a good idea to keep up a regular maintenance schedule for your home that would address these problems.
Here are some of the steps that you should include in your home maintenance plan:
- Check your roof for leaks and cracks
- Clear debris from gutters, drains, and downpipes
- Cut away the tree branches that fall close to your home
- Fix any corroded or rotting wood on your home
- Have your home assessed by a professional builder to ensure its integrity before a storm
- Check your home insurance policy before storm season begins
UV radiation from the sun has the potential to damage all parts of your home from the furniture to your hardwood floors. To keep the sun’s harmful rays out while still letting light in, install UV-resistant window films. Outdoor blinds are also helpful for providing protection from the sun while giving you control.
Stop Fires Before They Start
Hot, dry weather creates the perfect atmosphere for fires to develop. If your area is prone to bushfires, you should take some fire prevention steps to protect your home including:
- Clearing rubbish and vegetation away from your home by at least a 20 meter circumference.
- Remove debris from gutters, downpipes, and drains that could spark a fire
- Install shutters over windows to stop fire sparks from entering your home
- Create firebreaks by installing fireproof fences
Request a Quote
At Blind Concepts, we offer outdoor blinds that exceed industry standards. With premium quality materials and a full range of options, our products help you to protect your porch or patio while still delivering outward visibility.
For a free quote, you can reach us on 03 9720 1778 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can also arrange a time for you to visit our Bayswater showroom, if you prefer to see all of our outdoor blinds options in person.